A new year is always a time of reflection.
Well, it always is for me.
What am I doing?
Where am I going?
How will I get there?
Where am I/should I be putting my time and effort?
This is my usual beginning of the year routine.
However, it has felt somehow different this year.
2016 was a hard year for me and my family. It was a lot of change, and although I am the first person to say: “Bring on the change, I love it!” It was harder this year because it included a LOT of things that I have had no control of and couldn’t figure it out/deal with it on my own. And that is NOT in my wheelhouse.
I am good with change: On. My. Own.
Now that things have calmed down and we survived it—it’s time to take stock.
I’ve started by pretty much stayed off/reduced my time on social media and tried to be present and listen to what is God is saying to me. And I have been thinking a lot about my job situation and trying to figure out what the heck to do there. Mostly because if this had been different 2016 (I feel) would have been different.
So although I am still deep in the throws of my reflection, I have made some strides on my path to self realization.
- I figured out some of the easy things, I have SO much more to figure out…but everything stemmed from these things:
A. My mantra for the year is: Think better, live better;
B. My words of the year are: Purge, Share, Create;
C. Vision boards (in my case vision notebooks) are my friends;
D. I have ONE life, I’m going to live it the way I WANT. I’ve always done what is expected of me or what is the
smartsafe decision, not necessarily what I WANT. I don’t think God created me to be safe, he created me to be BOLD. And although I’m 42-years old and I have a 6- and a 4-year old so admittedly it’s not the MOST appropriate time for this decision…but not doing it now would be the safe decision. Off I go!
- I need a job. I need to be out of the house, I need to make money. It doesn’t have to be a ton of money, but I HAVE to do something more then I’m doing now.
• Presently, I am a freelance designer and I have a few clients that need things occasionally. But I need to be around people, so if I could freelance in an office type area I would be fine—I need to be out of the house and among people. It would be best if I could make enough to get my little Dragon back into full-time daycare. Which she needs, AS MUCH as I do.
• And although the Boar makes enough money for us to live, there isn’t much for anything extra.
- I am going to make some videos. I just love video and I have been pretty scared to cross into that platform. Just because I don’t REALLY know what I’m doing.
• But after taking the time to do like 2 hours of research and watching YouTube how to’s (my playlist here) and I feel MUCH better. Not like I know everything, but I definitely have the confidence that I can start and if there is something I want to do…I’m pretty sure I can figure it out/find out how to do it. See my first branded video (video is still a W.I.P but…better then before).
- Lastly, this blog will be…a little of my life and a LOT of crafting to go with #3-videos. Crafting is my heart is…I am deeply steeped in the need to create. To create something beautiful, something different, something that meets my needs like a glass slipper-not just buying/making something cheep or ‘safe’ (see #1D).
So, stick around.
Visit and share with me, craft with me and tell me what YOU want to do. Stop being safe and join me in being whomever God created you to be.